Never Give Up


“But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded.” 2 Chronicles 15:7(NIV)
Never give up. I am sure that you heard these three words plenty of times, but sometimes you feel like the words, “Never Give Up” are not helping, especially if a family member or friends tell you this.

Are you discouraged?
Are you frustrated?
Are you doing something to please someone else?
Are you having a hard time figuring out how to balance your time to accomplish something that God has placed on your heart to focus on?

I have been there. I have wanted to give up. I wanted to stop writing. I was discouraged. I was frustrated. I did not know what to write. I preferred reading Facebook and ignoring my desire to write. Yet because of the influence of Brett Harris and my mom, I decided to brainstorm and begin again.
It is never too late to say, “No! I am not giving up.”
For me, the reason that I write is to bring God glory, and I want Him to use my words to encourage others to “Obey God, Reach Others”. I decided that what would challenge me to become a better writer would be to have a deadline and try my first guest article, here on Writers of Elysian. Writing this article has taken time, and there are times that I have wanted to give up, but I decided that I would ask God to help me to NEVER GIVE UP.

Each one of us have strengths and weaknesses in our writing. When the words “This is impossible!” comes to mind, remember what Mark 10:27 (NIV) says, “With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.” This verse has helped me tackle the things that I consider impossible, including writing.


I want other writers like you to know that with Christ in the center of your writing, it makes things simpler and spurs you on to never give up. There is no reason to give up your dream of writing. For some people, writing will be easier, yet for some, like me, it will always be hard. NEVER GIVE UP!

Do not give up your dream of becoming an author.
Do not let discouragement set in.
Focus on what God has for you.
I am so thankful that God never gives up on us and extends grace, allowing us to start again. Let’s look to Him for the wisdom and strength and allow the Writer of our story to lead and guide us in our writing.
 Bio: Michael Goddard runs a blog called Obey God, Reach Others . He is 15 years old with a desire to write for the Writer of life.

4 comments: